PIZZA PARTY PIZZA PARTY! i like pizza. it’s so good, i like making it, i like baking it, i like eating it. i like eating the leftovers cold for breakfast.
this dough recipe is the best one i’ve found yet, and pretty versatile. it’s from somewhere but i don’t know where, my mum passed the recipe onto me.
anyhow, this dough: you can roll it out thin and it makes a nice crisp thin crust, or roll it out a bit thicker, let it rise a teensy bit extra and have big fluffy pizza-shop crust.
pizza, also, is wildly versatile. i usually just make a ton of toppings i like and figure out where i’m going to put them later. if you have a need for planning i’ll tell you all the toppings i prepared and view it as a menu of options and tailor it to suit your belly.
- 2 1/2 c. unbleached flour
- 1 c. whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 pkg yeast*
- 1 1/2 c. barely warm water
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- I made this in a stand mixer and it was awesome and easy and great. i recommend it. in a stand mixer with a dough hook, put flour and sugar. *if you’re using instant yeast, add it to the flour now. if not, mix the yeast into the warm water, stir and let sit for a few minutes. while the mixer is running, slowly add water (or water and yeast) and 2 tbsp of the olive oil. add water or flour as needed, by the tbsp, if your dough is too dry or too sticky. run mixer until the dough forms into a nice silky ball (about 3 minutes), alternately knead by hand for 5 minutes. put remaining 2 tbsp of oil into a large mixing bowl, put dough in bowl and turn over so the top has oil on it. cover with plastic wrap or a damp cloth and let rise somewhere warm until doubled, usually about an hour. punch it down and let it rise for ANOTHER HOUR. then divide in two, and roll out to your desired shape and thickness. place in pans you’ll be baking in, cover and let rise for another 10-15 minutes.
- chopped kale or spinach
- diced seitan sausages (i made mine but field roast is great)
- sautéed mushrooms
- green olives
- spicy marinated eggplant
- soy curls cooked marinated inturmeric, garlic powder, bragg’s and nutritional yeast, fried with onions
- roasted potato
- king oyster mushroom “bacon” (still working out some kinks here, i’ll share the recipe soon!)
- sliced garlic tops
- a head of roasted garlic
- tomato sauce (mark made it, it was really good but i have no recipe)
- assemble the pizza as you like! i recommend putting the greens on last, you can get a kale chip effect ON TOP OF YOUR PIZZA! WHAT? bake at 475-500 for about 10 minutes.