WHOA somehow i failed to publish this recipe in august? how HOW? this was insanely good, i remember it like it was yesterday…
HERE’S A BLAST FROM THE PAST
A FEAST! i apparently only know one way to cook sea asparagus but hey, if it ain’t broke…
I was at the market and this was this last batch of sea asparagus for the season so i had to snatch it up.
- 1/2 red onion, sliced thin
- sea asparagus, soaked in 2 changes of cold water, woody bits removed
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
blanch the sea asparagus! saute onion until soft, add sea asparagus, lemon and garlic for abut 5 minutes until nicely tender.
- wild rice cooked in broth! simple.
- a dozen new potatoes, boiled (skins on!)
- 2 big handfuls chopped kale, steamed
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp dijon
- 1/4 c. nutritional yeast
- 1/3 c. almond milk
- black pepper
mash potatoes with garlic and dijon. add yeast and almond milk, and whip with a fork, then mix in kale.