hey friends, salad rolls! the great thing about salad rolls is that you can put pretty much anything you like in them. this time i used shredded jackfruit, smoked tofu and veggies
- 14 rice paper sheets
- 1 large rainbow carrot, ribboned
- 1/3 cucumber, cut into strips
- 3 scallions, cut in half and then in strips
- radish sprouts
- 1 block smoked tofu, sliced thin
- 1 bundle rice noodles, broken up, cooked and rinsed in cold water
- 3 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 can young jackfruit in brine, broken up into little shreddy bits
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 garlic stems, sliced
- 2 tbsp braggs
- 1 tbsp each: black vinegar, black bean sauce
- 1 tsp each: sriracha, chili paste
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- fresh basil
- squeeze liquid out of the jackfruit then combine with everything (except coconut oil and garlic stems). in a pan, heat oil and saute garlic stems for 2 minutes. add marinated jackfruit and cook until browned. DONE.
soften ricepaper sheets one at a time in warm water. sprinkle with black sesame seeds, lay out 2 basil leaves, 2 tofu slices, a couple spoonfuls of jackfruit and however much of everything else you like roll em up! eat em with satay sauce!
if you want to store them for later, rub with a teensy bit of oil or they’ll stick together like crazy.